Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kings Preview-Games of the night 11/22

Well what can I say but I am really looking forward to tonight's game and get a glimpse of the new 3rd jersey. I loved the old days of the black and silver chevron although I may be in the minority. As for the Game itself, Ryan Smythe should still pay for last years spearing of LaBarbara. On that same note, I still hate the Avs. Hope we can keep the shots against down once again and maybe keep the physicality flowing.

Other Games Tonight...
Anaheim Ducks at Dallas Stars -Almost 40 FMs between the two teams and the Ducks, as much as it pains me to say it, are always a must watch. Dallas is without Brendan Morrow for the year, what factor that plays as far as fights go I am not sure. Ducks fought 3 times in the 1st period against the Blues last night so their already warmed up and ready to go. My Long Shot Prediction here says Avery and Perry will go as will Barch and May/Parros.

Phoenix Coyotes at Philadelphia Flyers -Inter-conference game for what its worth but the teams do have over 30 combined FMs. Truth be told it looks to be a bit on the lean side for fights tonight. I probably wouldn't have even mentioned this game on a night with better match ups but here we are.

Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens- Statistically I wouldn't normally have posted this game either but there is some heavy bloggin' going on that says Laraque is going to challenge Milan Lucic. Lucic is one of my favorite players in the Eastern Conference and a great draft pick. We'll have to see what happens here. If I'm not mistaken this will be the HNIC broadcast. On a side note-do you think Canadian players give it an extra push when they know the game is a HNIC broadcast? Kind of like playing in the NFL with the marquee game being played on Monday Night. Just some speculation there and if anyone has some thoughts shoot em to me.

I remember back in the mid-90s when 3rd jersey first reared their ugly head....I dont think there is any fan here who fondly remembers these as "the good old days."

No comments: